Curvy Fashion Statement: Breaking the rules - We aren't prohibited to wear bright colors

                            Is black the only color for plus sized women?  Plus women were so used to wearing dark colors because we were oriented to the advantages of wearing black like its slimming effect and we were made to believe that we look better in dark hues but then I have to admit that I have loved summer more than any season. Well, we only have 2 seasons here since we are in a tropical country which is rainy and summer.  If you have watched project runway, I can remember one of the judges who said that there are no rules in fashion and lately, numerous fashion influencers have broken the traditional rules in dressing-up. Breaking the rules has been a habit of mine particularly wearing bright colors ever since I can remember.



NO I can wear any color I want. 


My personal reason is that I really want happy and vibrant colors. Dolce and Gabbana is really inspiring when it comes to vibrant colors combined into one outfit.  As long as we are comfortable in whatever we are wearing then I don't see any problem in wearing bright colored outfits even if your size is larger than usual.



                             Dont get me wrong, I love black, navy blue and other dark hues too its just that it affects my mood when the sun is up. The vibrant colored clothes are calling me to wear them  whenever I see mr. Sun LOL (not hallucinating :)))) . Truth be told, wearing Yellow and White gave me a unique kind of energy and positivity. I bet that you can feel my aura on my photos.

                   
                          Yup! I know that it emphasized my curves than wearing black however , it was able to compliment my skin tone and matched my bag and shoes well. Anyway, I am not ashamed of my curves. So whoever criticizes big girls in dressing vibrantly shouldn't be  given any importance at all since it isn't their body and they should be minding their own business too . Last but not the least, sticking to the rules of fashion is now a cliché and breaking it is more exciting. We shouldn't dress up for other people to affirm with whatever they think is best for us instead, fashion should make us feel like our natural self. Let them take your choices or just leave you alone.

Thanks for taking some time to read my post. Always remember : never be afraid to be adventurous.

#pluswomenempowerment

Comments

Popular Posts