Curvy Statements Year End Post: Reflections of a Curvy Girl

                              The happiest season of the year has passed and we all know that it is the most exciting part since we have spared this time to do binge eating and I bet a lot of you saved your money for some holiday shopping. Now that it's over. We should say hello to another chapter. As the year 2017 ended, I realized that there were major turn arounds that happened in my life.



                              Turning 30 meant a lot of things for me. It was somehow a wake up call but not really into the pressures brought about by my age because I still believe that age is just a number but then we have to be cautious in the choices that we make as we grow older. Here are my newfound skin devotions this year;


1. Beauty and Skin Care -  Hoarding make-up has been my thing lately. I can say that I invested a lot in beauty and skin care products.





  • Moisturizer is a must but I opted to buy a korean gel moisturizer because my skin is so acne prone. I'm panicking since it's already out of stock. 
  • This year, I welcomed skin TONER in my life. Thank you The Body Shop Tea Tree Toner. For several months now, I searched a lot of reviews online and decided to give it a try earlier this year. The result is really superb!  I am still on my 1st bottle and been using it for 5 months already. If only my skin can talk, it can honestly say that it has been happy for 5 months. 
  • Started investing in  facial serum. My androgynous stylist gay friend has tried this serum before me, he gave me a 5 star review but since I am stubborn and knowing that I don't easily shell out a thousand bucks for a product that easily until I saw the Zoe Report's article on  

How To Get Rich-Girl Skin On A Drugstore Budget

            The Anti-imperfection serum in the Tea Tree Oil Line of the Body shop is included in their roster of must-haves so, that was my go signal.  (I TOLD YOU SO as said by my friend Axel LOL)

  • Blush helps a lot in making your skin look healthier than plain and clean foundation application that is why I bought Nars Orgasm and I'm satisfied with the natural flush look that it gives me .
  • I am still a bold lippie girl despite the k-beauty lip tint trend. MAC would still be my favorite brand because it is really pigmented. I tried Inglot's HD liquid lipstick and I absolutely loved its quality in terms of staying power, not to mention its cruelty and paraben free formulations. 
  • My quest for the right fixing powder was successful. I found a cheap one which provides a perfect the finish. Essence is a cruelty free drugstore brand. Some reviews mentioned that it is the dupe of the Make-up forever fixing powder and I don't have complaints as of the moment.
  • Korean face masks aren't for me. Mediheal and Purederm gave me breakouts so I'm not so into the all korean beauty regimen.
  • The retirement of my abused elf stipple brush-  Elf isn't available in the local market anymore so I bought real techniques stippling brush because it has good reviews. Detail makeover's brushes are good too!

  • Bye blonde hair! I darkened my hair and was so afraid of the result. Luckily, it ended up pretty well.
2. Yes, I'm 30 and so damn what? I can still wear mini-skirts, colorful dresses and whatever feels right.  Articles say that 30's is the most fashionable age and I'm claiming it. So I can still purchase items from forever21 LOL. This time, I need to make good investments in terms of clothing. I'll try to avoid fast fashion. Try aha!



3. Defining body positivity- for me it is not just being fat and telling everyone to be cool about being unhealthy. It's a big NO. We should take our health seriously.

4. Creativity keeps me alive. I will always love making jewelries and expect more this year. I have created dresses too and it will be released in my future posts. I am focused with my goals more than anything.

5. We have our own definition of winning in life. More than what social media posts can say, I have achieved some of my goals in my 30 years of existence.  I am a winner in my own way, some would think otherwise but guess what? I don't believe you.  A million thanks to my family especially my sister and boyfriend for believing in me. It made my 2017 more meaningful.


6. Appreciating love in different forms. My family has been the greatest love of my life same with my special someone who inspired me to be a better person. I also want to thank a few friends who has been there to support me. LOVE you!

6. Last but not the least, thanks for reading my post. I might not have a gazillion of followers but I find strength in women who told me that I have inspired them to feel better about themselves.  Way to go ladies! Think Big, Think Beautiful. There is nothing wrong in liking what you see in front of the mirror. If someone tells you "Gandang ganda ka sa sarili mo". Tell them, bakit? kung may problema ka sa sarili mo then don't take it out on me.  ( if you have a problem with yourself them don't take it out on me). It is healthy to have a positive and beautiful perception of one's self. Just don't rub it to their face LOL. We can't avoid negative people , shamers etc., keep in mind that we should only listen to our hearts and not to what other people like us to believe.


Have a blessed New Year!

Hugs and Kisses


Loiselle Katrina Rivera

Comments

Popular Posts