CURVY STATEMENT - My DIY Little Black Dress and My Mermaid's Pearls that were restored through time.

                                         

                                                This jewelry set has its own story to be told. I can say that I have learned a lot from it and realized how much my creations matter to me. All I can say is that when I first finished the entire piece is that it was made out of LOVE. Every second that I was constructing it made me feel excited to see it finally polished but what would you feel if you trusted someone to borrow it but irresponsibly stored somewhere and destroyed it accidentally because of carelessness?

                                                The sad part is that it took me 8 months before I am able to design jewelries again. Maybe it's just a matter of timing to stand up again after all that I heard and went through. Surviving in the fashion Industry is really challenging especially for a novice and plus size woman like me. Anyway, this experience made me realize a lot of things about myself and about trusting other people. 

 
                                              THE POSITIVE PART

                                              The Mermaid's Pearls were made out of  a happy inspiration. I felt excited about what's going on in my life and for the future. Each day of constructing the jewelry set made me feel better about myself and of course, I cannot wait for the day that I can use it. It gave me blisters, scars because of the wires, chains and pearls but I didn't care at all because I know it would really be rewarding.

                                             Now that I am okay, It's about time that I show you my pearls that should have been showcased last year. It's not yet too late to show my creations right? Whatever they said is not important but the restoration of my pearls.

                                            I coordinated with the stylist and my Mermaid's Pearls were used in their shoot collaboration and I am very thankful that Ms. Janikka Tabada was chosen to wear the jewelries. The outcome was fantastic.






Disclaimer;
I didn't have any contribution on the concept of the shoot ESPECIALLY how the model was made up. 
The Pearls are NOT owned by the STYLIST.
The Photos are NOT mine, please check the credits below the photos.

WORK IT PLUS SIZE GIRL!

Women of all shapes and sizes can make a beautiful jewelry work. The photos below are MINE. I envisioned using my pearls with a Little black dress that I altered and redesigned which is a part of my Summer 2015 Dress Projects. I paired with my fave hand me down Blazer from my Grandma (Rest in Peace Nay! Love you!!!). I combined it with different accessories ; Vintage Bag - Zara , White Pumps- Dior,  Rose Gold Watch - Guess ,   White Sunnies bought from California. Search for Miss Georgina Sasha Estrera.


 Check out the uniqueness of the LBD, it has a geometric cut in the hemline area.




Here's a closer look of The Pearls. Does it look easy to construct considering that it is hand made? :)  



                                So.... what do you think? Did I make it work? Feel free to comment and suggest.

                                              Yes, life gives you lemons but for sure, it will make you a better person. I do agree that each design has it's own weakness but since it will be used for an hour or less I am expecting them to handle it with care. That is the best pay or recognition that they should have given to me but aside from that is RESPECT. Next time, I will be more careful in trusting or dealing with people whom I will entrust my jewelries with. Again my creations are important to me. I'm fighting for my passion ever since, it is a big part of my life,a gift from God, my reason of living and advocacy. We should not forget that the Fashion industry is open for starters and we should help them build themselves up not put them down. Being well educated is important not in especially when it comes to character. Whatever I have done wrong, I do apologize for that but then again. Stop using my body size against me or even to other people or even labeling me under a name of an animal. We should live a happy life and I am Happy that I am now back in track. With all the blessings that God gave me, I am thankful and still gifted with a lot of  blessings.. yes! GIFTED!!!! Aside from lemons, Life gave me PEARLS.

Comments

Popular Posts